Naturally You
Monday, December 31, 2007
  Aspirin Honey Cleanser/Mask
I am sure many of you have read or even tried this mask, there are so many different ways of making this mask i will show you how i do it.

I found out about this mask from Michelle Phan on YT (aka Rice Bunny), as I am also a makeup fan and hope to be blogging about mineral makeup once I have ordered them as they are not available here .

Michelle has absolutely flawless skin and was i thrilled when she shared her Aspirin Honey Cleanser her blog.

I started using this approx 2 weeks ago and I can honestly say I see a difference, my skin is much softer and looks fresh, I have already gotten raves how glowy my skin looks.

Benefits of the Ingredients

Aspirin is great for your skin. Basic function of it is being an analgesic and antipyretic, but more importantly, as far as skin care, it is its anti-inflammatory power. This is important when it comes to treatment of acne and other inlammation processes on the skin.
Aspirin contains acetyl-salicylic acid AKA Beta Hydroxy Acid, widely used in cosmetics as it is able to slough off skin cells thus preventing the clogging of pores.
It is a powerful ingredient that cleanses skin and treats the the cause of acne.
It is pretty cheap and almost everyone has it around the house.

Rose water is astringent, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic, and can be used as a facial cleanser or as a toner

Honey check my post on Honey

Why does it work?
Aspirin is actually a form of Beta Hydroxy Acids or BHA’s, which are found in many skin creams and work by exfoliating the dull, dead layers of skin, revealing fresh new skin underneath. Over time, BHA’s can help clarify skin tone and promote healing of blemishes. However, do not use the aspirin mask if you have a sensitivity to BHA’s or if you have very sensitive skin, or obviously if you are allergic to aspirin!”

Why does it work? taken
from Essential Day Spa

To make the mask you'll need
Rose Water



Aspirin (3 or 4 tablets)


Honey




Alcohol free toner


Moisturiser I use Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle cream (until I find one a natural one that I can make on own)


Pictures of Aspirin, Honey and Moisturizer are from Michelle’s blog linked above

Steps
1) Take around 2-3 tablets of aspirin *if u can find coated then simply dissolve them in a few drops of water, if not then I crush the tablets (it should be grainy not powdery) instead then add a few drops water.*

2) I would suggest adding drops of water at a time to get the right consistency you don’t want it too runny as you still have to add honey!
3) Add a 2 squirts of Honey onto the aspirin. After wards, mix the mixture until the aspirin is coated with the honey.

4) Before applying the mixture I cleanse my face with rose water by soaking a cotton pad with rose water and going over my face.

5) Start applying the mixture on your face. Make sure you avoid the eye and nose areas (specifically nostrils!) Apply and spread the entire mixture on your face. Leave it on like a mask for 10 MINUTES.
As you are washing it off, take advantage of the grainy texture of the aspirin and LIGHTLY exfoliate your skin. This will get the dead skin cells off your face, and polish your skin to leave it glowing
After having dried your face dab some toner on a cotton ball and wipe your entire face in a circular motion. The toner will not only take off the gunk that the cleanser left behind (like makeup and dirt) but it will also constrict the pores, making them appear smaller and less visible. Finally apply moisturizer on your face and VOILA you’re done.

I use this mask once a week as I have sensitive/combination skin type.

As I mentioned earlier in my post you can add other ingredients such as yoghurt, which is good for dry skin, you can search the net there are lots of different ways but this is the one I tried and works for me and hope you find one that works for you.

**Btw i am on the look out for any homemade recipe for a Toner and Moisturizer please let me know by commenting on this post or emailing me at mayya.hamoud [at] gmail [dot]com

Labels: , , , , , ,

 
Comments:
I am going to have to try this! Thanks for the recipe!

Michele
Co-Blogger,
Her Natural Beauty
 
Happy New Year Michele!

Its really good, i use it once a week and acutally used it yesterday! I look forward to Mondays as i know its my mask day!

Let me know what u think of it once you try it.
 
Hi,
thanks for the comment!

Im planning to go to Acadmey of makeup to do my makeup training. When will you be coming to oz? would you be coming to melbourne?

check out the site: http://www.makeuptraining.com.au/
 
http://m.wikihow.com/Make-an-Aspirin-Toner
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
"Using Nature to bring out your Natural Beauty" Naturally You will explain how to take care of your inside as well as your outside.

Name:
Location: Oman
Archives
December 2007 / January 2008 / March 2008 / October 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]